As a Splunk Systems Engineer on our team, you have the chance to implement best in class engineering strategies to support a large distributed clustered Dynatrace and Splunk environment consisting of Search Heads, Indexers, Forwarders, Splunk Enterprise Security (ES) app spanning security, performance, engineering, and operational roles. Be the engineering voice in helping recognize and onboard new data sources into Dynatrace and Splunk along with other monitoring tools, analyze the data for anomalies and trends, and build dashboards highlighting the key trends of the data. Analyze solutions for profiling, monitoring, reporting, and testing on the platform. Monitor the responsiveness and availability of critical websites and web applications from the end-user perspective. Manage application availability, performance, and proactively find performance bottlenecks. Enable integration of Splunk Core, Splunk ITSI, and Dynatrace development of the single pane of glass dashboard, including integration with ServiceNow ITSM. This position is open to remote delivery anywhere within the U.S., including the District of Columbia.
- 4+ years of experience in a Splunk ITSI engineering role supporting SOC or NOC environments
- 3+ years of experience with business and IT Service monitoring, intelligent incident management and machine learning, and predictive analytics
- Accredited ITSI Implementation Certification (a higher Splunk ITSI certification) or 3+ years of experience in ITSI in a production environment can be substituted for certification
- Experience with Dynatrace or AppD and in data engineering with Splunk ITSI for both ingestion and extraction
- Experience in a production environment with performing and coordinating service decompositions for 2+ years & experience maintaining Splunk and Dynatrace and its underlying infrastructure
- Experience with Windows and Linux Operating systems, services, daemons, containers, and VMs
- Experience with troubleshooting and identifying root cause issues, service tree mapping, experience in alerting Service Now
- Experience in creating and maintaining TA’s (technology add on) and UF (Universal Forwarders)
- Ability to support cloud integration efforts with Splunk and Dynatrace
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or technical equivalent and 10 years of professional experience or a total of 20 years in lieu of education
Nice If You Have:
- Experience working with Agile or Scrum
- Ability to work cross-functionally with application teams to modernize applications where appropriate
- Applicants selected may be subject to a government investigation and may need to meet the eligibility requirements of the U.S. government client.
To apply for consideration, please submit a comprehensive resume tailored to this job description. All work experience must include start and end dates (month and year). Education must cite school, degree, year degree completed. Minimum required experience and education must be clearly illustrated in your resume. Offer to candidates is contingent upon successful background and clearance adjudication. Please submit your resume to email@example.com with the role title in the subject line.
Full-time W2 position, 100% remote, must be based in the U.S. and a U.S. Citizen. Full benefits include medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, Life, PTO, and 401k matching program. Compensation for this role is $120,000-$125,000/year.
Candidates who do not meet minimum requirements will not be considered.