LeoRose is seeking a Cloud Engineer (US based remote) to join our team dedicated to supporting the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Information Technology (IT) Operations and Network Engineering challenges. With COVID-19, the ChooseVA reorganization effort, and the ever-present challenges associated with serving those who have served – now is a great time to be at the VA.
As a Cloud Engineer on our team, you’ll build a secure, cloud-based communications network to support mission critical operations for the Veterans Administration. You’ll recommend tools and capabilities based on your research of the current environment and knowledge of various on-premise, cloud-based, and hybrid resources. You’ll work with cloud architects to inform strategy and architecture design. This is an opportunity to stay on top of the latest cloud resources as you help fight against cyber threats for the VA. Join our team as we transform government systems by taking advantage of cloud technology.
Candidate has IT experience with Cyber Security Policy and threat mitigation. Must be well versed in Cyber Security Tools, network topologies, intrusion detection, PKI, and secured networks. Must have familiarity and experience in the implementation of cyber security regulations.
Mandatory Required Experience – Candidate MUST have:
- Experience of federal IT and Cloud security policies, including FISMA, FedRAMP, NIST 800–53, and applying them to Cloud security architectures to include: Amazon Web Service (AWS) or Azure or Office365
- Experience with Cybersecurity events, including configuration analysis or vulnerability assessments
- Prior experience supporting system Authority to Operate (ATO) processes, RMF, and creating artifacts, control implementation details, and POAMs
- Experience with designing and implementing network security solutions, including firewalls, intrusion detection, encryption, monitoring, vulnerability scanning, and authentication
- Experience with the systems development life cycle, including requirements analysis, design, integration, and implementation
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- HS diploma or GED and 18+ years of experience with systems security engineering or BS degree in CS, IT, or Engineering and 10+ years of experience with systems security engineering
Additional Preferred Experience – Would Be NICE if Candidate has:
- Experience working with eMASS
- Knowledge of two or more of the following Cybersecurity tools: NMap, Tenable, Nessus, OpenVAS, Metasploit, Core Impact Pro, Burp Suite, or Nikto
- Experience with deploying and administering Web application firewalls, IPS and IDS, and next-generation firewalls
- Experience with deploying and administering Splunk or other SIEM tools, host-based security tools, including McAfee ePO, and vulnerability scanning tools, including Tenable Nessus
- Experience with implementing data at rest and data in transit encryption capabilities
This is a full-time, W2 role, with full benefits. Benefits include 14 days of PTO, 10 federal holidays, medical, dental, vision, parental leave, and 401k. with matching. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Salary is commensurate with experience.
This is a remote role. For consideration, candidates must be based in the United States and have a quiet workspace with internet connection. Must be eligible to work in the United States. Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
For consideration, please submit a resume tailored to this job description and the required skills and experience outlined to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: Cloud Engineer). All resumes should include start and end dates (month and year) for all work experience and education listed.