LeoRose is seeking Systems Administrators (multiple openings nationwide) to join our team dedicated to supporting the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Information Technology (IT) Operations and Network Engineering challenges. With COVID-19, the ChooseVA reorganization effort, and the ever-present challenges associated with serving those who have served – now is a great time to be at the VA.
This position is located onsite at the Veterans’ Administration facilities including Medical Centers with daytime hours and potential for weekend hours. Duties include:
- Performs installation, configuration, maintenance, testing and troubleshooting tasks in support of the IT customers
- Diagnose and resolve customer related hardware/software issues utilizing the Service Now tool. Track and document all system changes, problems, issues, and work tasks within Service Now
- Provisioning of newly procured endpoints to include desktops, laptops, printers, and mobile devices. Perform imaging, desktop support, adds/moves and changes
- Install OS Patch installation/patch removal (if applicable), OS upgrades and Commercially Available Off-the-Shelf (COTS) software
- Provide user management account support where Elevated Privileges (EP) may be required
- Perform software application installation and configuration based on change order instructions
- Utilize log data and system administration tools to diagnose system hardware and software problems, repair, and re-configure or replace defective system components as indicated
- Perform system monitoring and analysis on assigned systems to discover risks and inadequacies, and provide recommendations on the need for expansion, enhancement or revision
- Utilize Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) and SCOM tools to troubleshoot performance issues and deploy software packages, to include Scripting, McAfee and other VA standard tools
- Performs inventory functions to include managing pagers and turn-ins including performing media sanitization, disposal and/or turn in of equipment
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and issues identified by customers and implement corrective actions
- Perform routine audits of systems and software to determine utilization and adequacy for demand, and compliance with current hardware and software site license regulations and requirements
- Performs general maintenance activities, printer deployment/repair, software installations, EHRM prep and equipment refreshes. May include occasionally pulling old cables from server room as needed
- Perform asset management to include asset inventory, audit and tracking, asset administration and reporting, integrated IT asset portfolio, and history and forecasting, automating the asset management process as necessary
- May occasionally answer door and escort personnel as needed
- Candidate will be required to frequently traverse around the site campus transporting equipment to various office buildings. Position also requires occasional unpacking/moving & installation of IT equipment weighing up to 25 pounds (or greater with additional assistance). In addition, candidate may frequently be required to position self to maintain computers/pull cords under desks and in server closets
This is a full-time, W2 role, with full benefits. Benefits include 14 days of PTO, 10 federal holidays, medical, dental, vision, parental leave, and 401k. with matching. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Multiple locations nationwide. PPE provided.
Must be eligible to work in the United States. Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
For consideration, please submit a resume tailored to this job description and the required skills and experience outlined to email@example.com (subject line: Systems Administrator – Your Location). All resumes should include start and end dates (month and year) for all work experience and education listed.