- Experience with identifying risks in security systems and working with technical experts to resolve security issues
- Experience with security assessments on systems with external connections
- Ability to effectively leverage detailed knowledge of security principles, concepts, policy, and regulations
- Ability to identify key concepts, factors, and risks based on conversations and document these in clear and concise narrative or graphic reports
- Ability to clearly and concisely provide guidance and collaboration with facility personnel
- Ability to draft and update technical documentation as required
- BA or BS degree in CS, EE, Engineering, or Technology and 10 years experience in a professional work environment or 18 years of experience in a professional work environment in lieu of education
- Experience with managing firewalls, server security, cloud storage security
- Experience with incident management and tracking
- Experience with database development
- Knowledge of intrusion detection systems, vulnerability scanning tools, critical security practices, and all aspects of Information Security
- Knowledge of VA Handbook and Directive 6500, Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), Federal Information Process Standards (FIPS), and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- Knowledge of Risk Management Framework and project management
- Public Trust clearance
Full-time W2 position, 100% remote, must be based in the U.S. and a U.S. citizen. Full benefits include medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, Life, PTO, and a 401k matching program. Compensation for this role is $100,000-$105,000/year.
To apply for consideration, please submit a comprehensive resume tailored to this job description. All work experience must include start and end dates (month and year). Education must cite school, degree, and year degree completed. Minimum required experience and education must be clearly illustrated in your resume. Offer to candidates is contingent upon successful background and clearance adjudication. Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the role title in the subject line.
Candidates who do not meet minimum requirements will not be considered.